Founded in 1920 as Levy West Laboratory – one of the first producers of phosphors for all types of X-ray screens.
1940’s – Crucial contributions were made, during the war, to the development and production of phosphors for the revolutionary H2S radar screen.
1960’s – Development and production of scintillators and 6Li glass.
1984 – Levy Hill Laboratories Ltd was established by Guy Hill to continue the tradition of innovative product development.
1990’s – Development of image storage panels, neutron detection screens and high-energy radiation screens.
1995 – A management buy-in preceded rapid growth into new markets including biotechnology, security and medical imaging.
1996 – BS EN ISO 9002 accreditation.
1998 – SPUR Award – UK DTI Support.
1999 – Renamed as Applied Scintillation Technologies. Relocated to custom designed production facilities and development laboratories, providing a centre of excellence in phosphor, scintillation and imaging technologies.
2002 – Part of the 3D RID consortium. New test facilities added.
2003 – Additional CsI manufacturing plant. BS EN ISO9001:2000 Accreditation.
2007 – Expanded X-ray Screen and Neutron Detection Screen production facilities.
2007 – A management buy-out by Dr. Glenn Tyrrell (CEO) and Stuart Quinn (Commercial Director) preceded a renewed focus on strategic accounts and products.
2009 – Upgraded manufacturing capability for CsI.
2010 – Commitment to the Essex Engineering Apprenticeship scheme.
2010 – BS EN ISO 9001:2008 accreditation.
2010 – Cleanroom compatible X-ray inspection facility commissioned for end of line product inspection.
2011 – Upgraded 6Li glass production facilities.
2012 – Development and production of panoramic and cephalographic CsI scintillators for extra-oral dental imaging.
2015 – Applied Scintillation Technologies renamed as Scintacor, The Centre of Scintillation.
2016 – Scintacor celebrated the 1st anniversary of its change of name from Applied Scintillation Technologies. The focus of the re-branding is to highlight Scintacor’s core competencies and to usher in a new era for the company, whilst reaffirming Scintacor’s status as a world leader in customized scintillation components.
2016 – Purchase of a world-class manufacturing facility in the heart of Cambridge’s famed northern high-tech cluster.
2017 – Scintacor completes relocation from old facility in Harlow to the new one in Cambridge.